Montana Information, Photos and Maps
A Reference and Travel Guide Full of Area Information
Montana by Counties
The western half of Montana
The eastern half of Montana
You can click on the county names above or on the names listed below. Each county page has population statistics for that county and a pannable/zoomable map. In the population statistics, there's often a "CDP" that means: Census Designated Place. These are places that are not part of incorporated towns. At the bottom of each list is "Unincorporated" and the population number there includes all the CDP's for that county. Eventually, each county page will have links to more data about the towns in each county.
Big Horn County
Deer Lodge County
Golden Valley County
Judith Basin County
Lewis and Clark County
Powder River County
Silver Bow County
Sweet Grass County
Montana Towns & Places
NOTE: On many of the pages linked below I try to provide some demographic information. As this information comes from the US Census Bureau, there are a couple of caveats that have to be taken into consideration:
- This information cannot be any more accurate than what the Census Bureau itself offers, and some of the numbers are estimates.
- The "resident racial breakdown" numbers usually add up to more than 100% because Hispanics are often counted among all the other races.
- After the economic meltdown of 2008, the median incomes and median home values are liable to be radically different in 2012.
- The median home values include every type of construction that people live in: townhomes, condos, four-plexes, detached homes, mobile homes, etc.
- The unemployment numbers are a snapshot in time, and most likely have little bearing on what's actually happening in 2012.
You have two options here: click on the names on the maps above,
or use the list below (there's more names on the list below than on the maps above):