Firth, Idaho

Firth, Idaho
Welcome to Firth, Home of the Little Buckaroo Rodeo

An English emigrant named Lorenzo J. Firth homesteaded some land in the area of what became Firth in the mid-1870's. In 1878, Lorenzo donated a chunk of his land to the railroad so they could build a section house and water tank there. The town of Firth began life as a Swedish settlement in 1885, located around that section house and water tank. The railroad named the station after Lorenzo in 1903. The first post office was opened in 1905. It was around this time that Mormon pioneers began to arrive, enough of them that a local LDS Ward was officially organized in 1924.

Firth, Idaho
The Firth Post Office with the city water tower behind
Fast Facts about Firth, Idaho
Firth, Bingham County, ID 83236
Founded: 1903
Elevation: 4,570'
Latitude: 43.3055°N
Longitude: 112.1839°W
Resident Racial Breakdown:
White Non-Hispanic: 68.3%
Hispanic: 28.4%
Native American: 3.3%
High School or Higher: 68.1%
Bachelor's Degree or Higher: 9.5%
Graduate or Professional Degree: 1.0%
2009 Estimates:
Population: 424
Males: 202
Females: 222
Median Resident Age: 32.5 Years
Estimated Median Household Income: $31,400
Estimated Median Home Value: $84,250
Population Density: 2,224 People per Square Mile
2011 Cost of Living Index for Firth: 84.5
Major Industries:
Food Production, Educational Services, Construction, Lodging & Food Services, Waste Management Services, Print Services, Automotive Services, Health Care
Unemployed (March 2011): 8.3%
Photos of Firth, Idaho courtesy of Sociotard, CCA 3.0 License.
Text Copyright © by All rights reserved.